June is National Safety Month. We wanted to thank all of our candidate and employer clients for keeping their workplaces safe.
We also wanted to share some powerful information from OSHA on the top 10 causes of workplace accidents.
We’re a leading recruiting and staffing agency in the commercial construction, federal government services, mechanical construction, and civil construction industries. So safety is always top of mind for our team, our job seeker clients, and our hiring clients.
We consulted the most recent safety guidance available fromFrom OSHA, and we wanted to share their top ten list in its entirety:
Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards for Fiscal Year 2021 (Oct. 1, 2020, to Sept. 30, 2021)
The following is a list of the top 10 most frequently cited standards following inspections of worksites by federal OSHA for all industries…Far too many preventable injuries, illnesses, and deaths occur in the workplace that are related to these top 10 cited standards.
- Fall Protection, construction
- Respiratory Protection, general industry
- Ladders, construction
- Hazard Communication, general industry
- Scaffolding, construction
- Fall Protection Training, construction
- Control of Hazardous Energy (lockout/tagout), general industry
- Eye and Face Protection, construction
- Powered Industrial Trucks, general industry
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general industry
Those are interesting statistics, mainly because these types of accidents are preventable with a few straightforward policies, processes, and heightened employee awareness.
Most of us have probably taken that extra step on a precariously placed ladder, ignored a hazard notification, left the safety goggles off for convenience or to save time, etc. And we lived to tell about it!
All joking aside, though, we all need to be more conscious of our own, and our coworkers’ safety on the job.
We’d like to close with a few simple bonus tips to enhance workforce safety:
- If a workplace situation looks or feels like it’s not safe in any way, it probably isn’t
- If a workplace sign says “Hazardous” or “Caution” anywhere on it, it’s definitely worth reading and complying with
- If any kind of accident occurs that looks even semi-serious, don’t hesitate to call 911 immediately
At 619 recruiting, we have a practice focused on hiring safety professionals. We understand the importance of safety in the workplace. So, whatever you do today, stay safe!
Are you a hiring manager or human resources professional with a job search, or searches, underway?
Whatever hiring challenge you’re facing, we’ve seen it before, and we’re here to help. We have the industry-tested recruiting services you need when you need them.
Do you need fast, accurate search results? 619 Recruiting will match you with the right pool of qualified candidates for your open job.
At 619 Recruiting, we help hiring professionals like you find that perfect candidate every day! Call us today at(866) TEAM 619, or get in touch online. Our expert recruiters are waiting for your call!